You may be thinking, “How can I tell if my water is poor quality?” But before you call a plumber or get a water testing kit, there are some warning signs that your water may need treatment.

Your Water Is Cloudy

If your water is cloudy or turbid, it means that there is a lot of sediment or other debris in the water. This can cause trouble for your plumbing and make it difficult to clean the water.

You’re Smelling An Unpleasant Odor

If you’re smelling an unpleasant odor, it means that there might be something wrong with your water system. This could mean that something is not working correctly, that you have a leak or problems with your pipes. Unpleasant smells include Sulfur smells (rotten egg) or metallic smells (iron).

You See Rust On Your Sinks or Toilets

If you see rust (red) colored stains on your fixtures and toilets, even with regular cleaning and care. It means that there may be something hidden in the tap. This could mean that there is Iron present in your water and that it is causing discoloration throughout the house. Iron can also lead to unpleasant metallic smells.

You See Mold On Faucets or Near a Water Supply

Mold or mildew may be a sign that your water may need to be treated or there is too much moisture in the area. Your water may be of poor quality and needs to be treated. Usually, a water softener can help reduce mildew by not allowing the hardness minerals to build up and collect moisture.

You Have Hard Water

Signs of hard water include white stains on your sinks and fixtures, appliances breaking down, and low pressure in your house. If only streams are coming out of the faucet, or water leaves calcified stains, your water may be hard and need treatment.

If you see any of the above warning signs, it may be time to start treatment with a water filter. The recommended companies for the best solutions like water filtration options in NJ and water treatment in Montgomery County, PA.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Schedule Now
Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
Skip to content